MADHUSHALA

coming soon

Friday 8 July 2011

A Transcendental Agony - Shiv Kumar Batalvi

My Love Lives There
My love lives there where
The streams of scent flow
No matter what season
There is a continuos fall of snow.
Morns creep into this region
Bare-footed and make no sound
The nights adore their feet
With the henna of sweet rays.
The fragrance bathes in the moonlight
That's where my love resides.
              

I have no idea as to
How long I have to live
In this agonising separation
I might gulp down a drought
Of my love in my dream
Oh, No! I have turned into
A mad lover-forgive me
My Lord, I won't commit such a sin any more.
From His Ghazalgoi
I long to die young,
There is an abode for youth after death
To conceal my agony
Under the garb of
Sweet and serene lyrics
Sorrowful and miserable verses.
I have been engaged in
Lighting the lamps of existence
Feeding it with my tears and torments
Thousand of suns and moons -
Over the thirty years of my being
I shared my happy and joyful moments
With the milieu unhesitatingly
But no one has shared my
Sad plight and pangs of separation
My dark days of gloom are growing
Making my mournful nights unbearable
O dear! Don't blame the death - the sublime
It is the birth that imbibed death in itself
It is midday sunshine but my shadows are extending

No comments:

Post a Comment